Working together is key to supporting children’s learning and development. At The Vineyard Organic Day Nursery we appreciate that, as parents, that you are your childs primary carer and first educator and with that in mind we want you to be involved in all aspects of your childs learning.
Partnership with parents
Effective, open and honest communication is imperative to helping your child achieve their full potential. By working together and using your knowledge about your child we are able to effectively work together to provide care, progress and consistency.
Ways we can work together
- Our ‘open door’ policy where you can talk to your childs key carer at any time
- Verbal handovers at the end of each session with your key carer (For ages 3 months – 2.5 yrs, also written handovers)
- 2 parents evenings per year
- Monthly newsletters
- Comment/home observation slips
- Menu suggestions
- Newsflash emails
- Complete an “All about me form”
- Named Behavour Management Officer
- Named Special Needs Coordinator
- Key worker system
- We can also offer valuable and professional advice on things such as toilet training, weaning and preparation for school.